Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Springtime...

Spring is such a fun time of year for us. Lots of playing outside, yard work, baseball, golf, and enjoying the weather before it gets too hot. We have a new house and new garden this year, which is a lot of fun. I've never had a garden that was in full sun before, so I'm learning a ton. I was so excited to put some knockout roses in the front of our house. We also planted some petunias and some carolina jasmine. I can't wait to watch it all grow and bloom. When our house was built, the builder put in pretty random plants. We still have a long way to go, but what we've done is a good start. We had huge bottlebrush bushes (that i love) that were just in the wrong place, so we moved them to the backyard. I like to be able to see my windows and the bottlebrush hid them. We also had a strange assortment of bushes, so we put boxwoods in to make everything look neat and purposeful. Our next project will be the flower beds in the very front of the yard because they are truly the most random things I've ever seen. There is not one plant that is the same as the other. It will be quite an undertaking because we'll have to level out the beds and figure out how to do that without hurting the trees! It never ends, does it??

I've been enjoying wearing some new Toms this year. They have these shoes that are so comfortable and cool. It is a little easier than running around in flip flops all the time!

The boys are enjoying spending a ton of time outside on bikes, scooters, etc. with our neighbors. I love watching them just be boys...and then, I have to do their laundry :)

Happy Spring!



3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I love watching the flowers grow and thrive. Love the shoes! Love you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More pics, more pics! I am working on our landscaping, too. It is pretty well established, but I figured if we were going to be here a while, I should "make it my own..." Getting there! Second year of the herb garden, and last year's was a success. Love working the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a ton of knock out roses in our backyard here. They surround our dece. They are beautiful all summer....hundreds of blooms all the time! I will warn you though, they will take over! Ours started the summer level with the deck and they are taller than Tommy now. We tried to trim them, but it was too much. We are waiting for a landscape guy to arrive this week and tame them. :)

    ReplyDelete