Sunday, September 30, 2012

Golf Tournament

Sam had his first golf tournament a few weeks ago and had so much fun.  I think that he had the best caddy in the world, too!  It was a fun time, and Sam ended up winning his division.  More than winning, I was so proud of the way that he handled himself.  Golf has taught him so much about integrity, honesty and sportsmanship.  In each group, they kept the other player's score and had to sign their scorecard, just like the real golfers.  I snuck up to watch his last hole and loved seeing these little guys all take their hats off and shake hands at the end.  When people asked how Sam did, he didn't respond with "I won,"  he simply told them his score.   It is fun to watch this group of young golfers spend time together each week and begin to really care for one another.   I don't know if Sam will win anymore tournaments, but I hope that the lessons he's learning will be on his heart for a long time.






No comments:

Post a Comment