Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend was full and fun! What a precious time to celebrate our risen Savior! Sam said to me once, "Christmas wouldn't matter if it weren't for Easter!" (I'm pretty sure he heard that on the radio, but it was a great reminder). It's so true! So, we like to celebrate Easter with all that we are...and celebrate we did! David was at the Master's Wednesday-through Saturday of Easter week, but that didn't stop the boys and I from celebrating!

On Friday, we got up and had a little time talking about the crucifixion and sacrifice that Jesus made for us. The boys love to go through the Easter story with the resurrection eggs. It is such a fun and simple way to teach this wonderful story. I changed it up a little, though, and didn't go through the whole story at one time. This year, we did a little at a time as I wanted them to really reflect on what Jesus did for us. After we talked for awhile, we got on our bikes and headed to the park. I asked Sam to pray while he was riding and thank Jesus for His sacrifice. I'm not sure how much he actually did, but it was a good thought! He did say to me when we got to the park that God must have been really sad on Good Friday. I'm sure He was, and I'm sure we'll never understand the weight of that sadness. We played for awhile and then Grandpa joined us at the park, which was a very special treat! (Mimi was out of town, too, on Friday)

After the park, we went with Grandpa to lunch and then went bowling. The boys had been asking for months if I'd take them bowling, so I thought we could do that. Jacob beat Sam in the game and it just about did Sam in. Little brother is getting big! Because the fun can never end, we went to play golf after bowling...and then, we went swimming at Mimi's! I still don't think I'll ever master wearing the boys out, but I was worn out after that day!

Saturday, I ran in the Run for Hope 5k. I will not share any pictures from that :)

After the run, we went home and were so happy to have David home again! We then went to Easter Egg Hunt #1 and had the best time with our family. The boys got to participate in a butterfly release and we were able to talk about the new life that Jesus gives us! What a fun reminder! We then headed to Easter Egg Hunt #2 and enjoyed being with our neighbors and friends. Finally, we had home group that evening and got to celebrate Easter with even more friends and yummy food!

On Easter Sunday, we went to church and were blessed with an amazing message. I love hearing the gospel and am so thankful for it! Then, we went to a lovely Easter brunch with family and lots of friends to celebrate! We ended the day with swimming and watching the end of the Master's! What a fun, wonderful weekend!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment